As with the increase in popularity of static caravan holiday home ownerships in the UK, buying a static caravan in France and Spain is also becoming more popular. The southern regions of both countries are proving popular, areas include:
France - Normandy, Loire Valley, Brittany, Vendee, Cote d'Azur, Midi Pyrenees and Aquitaine.
Spain - Costa del Sol, Malaga, Marbella, Neria, Almeria, Murcia, Alicante, Valencia and Barcelona
South Spain although popular offers less park plots, so ensure before you consider purchasing a static caravan you have reserved a suitable plot.
When purchasing abroad extra consideration may need to be given, over and above those when buying in the UK.
- Local taxes – check for any local taxes which may apply.
- Consider the heat at the height of the summer, it this suitable for young children or even pets.
- Check the terms and contract before buying. Gain advice from an independent lawyer.
- Ensure all site fees are explained, and future fees.
- Consider fluctuation in the exchange when buying.
When buying aboard the first stage is to identify the county and area within the county you would like to purchase a holiday home in. Once you have decided on an area next select the most suitable park. Consider the location, facilities, contract terms and annual site fees and any additional costs. Once you have decided on the most suitable park, you will need to consider the plot within the park, followed by a suitable static caravan.